Item code: HOOFIT35
This in depth book analyzes the causes, diagnosis
and management of the myriad causes of lameness:
- Defining and identifying the lame leg; spotting gait abnormalities and
non-muscular causes; physical examinations and evaluations; diagnostic tools and
other tests; the role of the veterinarian and farrier in pre-purchase
- Physical therapies; the applicability of rest; medications; and other
- Hoof conformation and shoeing options.
- Joint, bone, muscle, tendon and ligament problems.
- Neurological, dermatological, and developmental orthopedic causes of lameness.
- Treatment of specific conditions to the foot, pastern and fetlock, cannon and
splint bones, knee, upper foreleg, hock, upper hind leg, and back.
No other book covers this vital subject in such a comprehensive and
understandable way. For that reason it belongs in your hands if you are a
farrier, owner, trainer, or rider.